Hello, Please Sign In.   |   New Search   |   Review Saved Items    
608 South Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: 217-356-3755   |   Fax: 217-356-7950

Welcome to Tepper Electric Supply Company

Tepper Electric Supply Co. opened for business in Champaign's Imperial Building on Walnut Street in 1947. Two years later, the wholesale electric supply firm relocated at 111 W. Hill Street, and in 1954, the business overflowed into a part of the building at 502 N. Neil Street.

The 1960 purchase and modernization of a building previously occupied by Producers Dairy enabled Tepper Electric Supply to consolidate the two facilities under one roof.

Unfortunately, this modern showroom and warehouse complex was destroyed by arsonists on April 28, 1963, resulting in about $300,000 worth of damage. It was the biggest fire Champaign residents had ever seen, and was theorized by police to have been set to cover up a $200 burglary...